Chapter 7 and Chapter 13
Our firm will advise you regarding bankruptcy and possible alternatives in negotiations with creditors, including the IRS.
If bankruptcy is determined to be your best course of action, our firm will advise you regarding:
- Credit counseling requirement.
- The eligibility for chapter 7 and chapter 13.
- Income and expenses under the means test.
- Bankruptcy filing forms.
- Maximizing protection of assets through claiming appropriate exemptions.
- Whether both spouses should file a bankruptcy case.
- What happens at the meeting of creditors and what you can expect.
- The importance of avoiding judgment liens.
- The effect of the discharge order and which debts are not discharged.
- The affirmation of debts.